Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Memories of a Christmas Eve Game
(12-24-2021, 11:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Palmer actually threw the TD pass to TJ and it wasn’t Graham who missed the XP, it was Brad St. Louis with an atrocious snap.

I’ll never forget that game. It was my senior year of high school, and I just turned 18 a few months prior. I had a hand-me-down Nokia flip phone that blew up soon after that botched snap (apparently that game was nationally televised). Not a single person gave me any grief that Christmas Eve, only words of sorrow and genuine concern from family and friends. This was definitely against the norm.

Also, I made a semi-famous thread on the old mothership board about the Bengals ruining my relationship after that game. My girlfriend at the time immediately dumped me and stormed out after my outburst from that loss. That thread blew up way more than it should have. It turned into many fellow Bengal fans griping about their significant others, and pretty much became a long-winded therapy session.

16 years later, that girl and I parted ways for good. We briefly reconciled “as friends” or whatever the hell that means Whatever but she eventually went to college at Syracuse and married someone from Greece (I think). Last time we spoke (about 4 or 5 years ago) she brought up my outburst from Christmas Eve 2006… hard to believe she retained that memory.

Syracuse?? Ugh.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Memories of a Christmas Eve Game - pally - 12-24-2021, 01:04 PM
RE: Memories of a Christmas Eve Game - BengalFanInNJ - 12-26-2021, 12:08 AM