Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What Internet provider do you use and what speed?
(11-04-2015, 12:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what happened.  I checked my speed using the wireless and was not getting what I paid for,  when I called m y provider they said it was because I was wireless.  I never went back and tested at the modem.  Don't know why I didn't think to try that.

Wireless can be a less quality experience for a couple reasons. One could be your wireless card in the device, the other could be the router itself. Every time you add another node in the chain it does take time, however a properly configured router should give you close to the same performance (negligible difference) of wiring into the modem if your device's wireless can handle it.

If you are not getting the bandwidth at the modem they could be screwing you. Remember when you sign up there is an asterisk next to the speed that says "Up to". Some places can't even get the speeds they pay for due to the ISP infrastructure not being able to handle it, but often times they won't tell you this when you sign up. I'd suggest testing it at the modem.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Internet provider do you use and what speed? - Au165 - 11-04-2015, 01:18 PM