Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
What Internet provider do you use and what speed?
(11-09-2015, 04:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: speed is much more than bandwidth. While you see an end result you don't understand why at all. Speed is much more than bandwidth, but ignorance is bliss I guess. It really isn't about throttling I used it as an example, but you don't want to learn. I suggest you go read a book on it though it is interesting understanding how it works.

I've taken basic networking courses. It's somewhat interesting, somewhat boring stuff. You're far too caught up in the word "speed" to understand my entire point.

If someone is shopping around for internet and they know absolutely nothing about technology, telling them "oh, there's no real difference in speed between 3 Mb/s and 25 Mb/s service!" is just as misleading as Comcast trying to sell their silly 150 Mb/s packages to the average Joe.

You're way caught up in the term "speed" in this, but what else do you want to call it for you to not blow a gasket over this? If you have 3 Mb/s service, there's no possible way you'll ever have the capability of downloading a large patch for a video game at a faster rate. You can be as upset as you like about referring to this as "speed", but maybe just understand what I'm saying while claiming that I'm ignorant to the subject due to your obsession with semantics.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Internet provider do you use and what speed? - djs7685 - 11-09-2015, 04:24 PM