Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered
(01-21-2022, 03:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This pretty much nails it.  Unfortunately, now that the Bengals are competitive the Steelers are likely entering rebuilding mode.  If they can secure a top flight QB, e.g. Wilson or Rogers, they could be immediately competitive again, but that has obviously yet to happen.  I will say that the old day were quite enjoyable, for the most part, and I do miss the old crew.  You forgot The Bat, who was one of my favorite Bengals posters, he never really made the transition over here either.   Sad

I knew I was leaving out some of the old crew... can't believe I left off Bat, if it was the old days I'd figure Shannie would owe me a few spanks on the backside and Rayne/Ghostwriter would peak in and try to watch.  Hilarious

I left off one other thing about why the smack talk used to be so good and that was that Jungle Noise was like "homer central" on the old boards. The Bengals were doing well so Jungle Noise just turned into this place where a lot of the posters not all of them guys like Holic were there and cool as were others but a lot just thought the Bengals were the greatest and there was to be no contradiction. If you debated, you were negative and "not a real fan". So people who wanted to talk football, be critical and be realistic ventured to smack talk. We have some of those posters now but with how bad the team has been of late, it looks foolish to say this guy is the greatest WR in the league and no one is better, or there is no QB I'd take over ours or we have the best LT or etc. These exact things happened on the old board, it was Palmer is better than Ben, and Ward isn't anything compared to Chad or later AJ Green, hell I remember the great Madieu Williams is better than Troy P days...yes people in Jungle Noise started saying Madieu Williams would be the best safety in the AFC if not the NFL That level of homerism, caused a lot of posters to migrate to smack and populate it along with the posters from other fanbases. I remember vividly when someone would journey into smack from Jungle Noise and just get lit on fire by everyone. Bengal fans and rival fans alike saying go back where you came from Jungle Noob.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered - Murdock2420 - 01-21-2022, 03:51 PM
RE: Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered - 34inXXIII - 01-24-2022, 06:50 PM
RE: Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered - 34inXXIII - 01-26-2022, 11:44 AM