Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered
(01-21-2022, 12:52 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: There are two many reasons I can think of for why this has happened.

1) The Bengals were bad for several seasons in a row. Why bother stopping by and talking trash when the other teams viewed them as a free win and saw the Bengals as the little brother of the division.

2) This one is the bigger thing however. Most of the quality posters from the best days of smack on the OG board just aren't around anymore. Some never made it to the new board, and some just stopped posting. Sure Pat is still here and a valued member of the board as is StrictlyBiz but after that who really post here in smack from the glory days?

Bmoreblitz (MIA)
GMDino (usually in PnR now)
6andcounting (one or two posts in years)
SteelCitySouth (MIA)
SteelyJ (not sure he even came to the new board)
coltsfan4ever (still pissed that his gf left him for a QB)
Beaker (Not on here much)
Faulk (not in smack much)
JS-Steelerfan (See him once in awhile in Around the NFL)
Sociopathicsteelerfan (Mostly PnR if he is around)
34inXXIII (Barely around)

I mean now we get drive by posts at times from Poe that nobody misses and that one Browns fan who shows up predicts it is there year and is gone week 3. 

Maybe if the Bengals remain on top others will show up and post, but perhaps with the Reddit and Twitter options now, people are just done with the smack talk on the message board days.

I got here late. It never was a big smack talk place from my experience. I try from time to time but it usually goes over like a wet fart in church. 

And I’m too old to really talk smack anyway, so if I do it’s really forced and....see above. 

I’d rather just interact with different fans and since we’re barred from the JN, this is where you have to go. Maybe that’s something the Mods should consider...changing that rule. I don’t think the other fans here would ruin the JN, were smarter than that. I think we probably could be an asset. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered - StrictlyBiz - 01-22-2022, 09:50 PM
RE: Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered - 34inXXIII - 01-24-2022, 06:50 PM
RE: Why Has Smack Talk Been Neutered - 34inXXIII - 01-26-2022, 11:44 AM