Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officiating Crew for Chiefs Game
I think it is a safe bet that the NFL leadership would prefer Kansas City in the Super Bowl rather than the Bengals. I think they believe they would be the better draw, as can be seen how KC was given the choice playoff slots the past two weeks, while the Bengals were given the least attractive slots. I think it is a safe bet that this is why this officiating crew was selected.

Selecting the referee crew that called the least penalties during the year is not a random choice. It could be because Kansas City could not help themselves in committing penalties last time they played the Bengals. They were accessed ten penalties and Reid was outspoken in complaining about those penalties, in the only way possible without getting a fine, the classic "I would like to comment on each of those [penalties], but I don't want to be fined." The KC media was less restrained. The Bengals got four first downs by penalty.

And four defensive holding calls all season? This clearly favors the Chiefs, who have shown a propensity for holding of Bengals receivers last game. And it was a huge fourth down call of defensive holding call on Charvanious Ward that kept the Bengals from turning the ball over on downs at the end of the game. On the other hand, the Bengals were second from the bottom on penalties all year and second from the bottom (4 vs. 3) on defensive holding calls.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Officiating Crew for Chiefs Game - Nepa - 01-28-2022, 09:25 AM