Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officiating Crew for Chiefs Game
(01-24-2022, 11:23 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: The referee for the #Chiefs vs #Bengals game will be Bill Vinovich. His crew called the least amount of penalties in the NFL. This crew worked the AFC Championship last year vs Bills and Super Bowl LIV vs the 49ers.

Evidently Bill Vinovich's crew called only four defensive holding penalties all season, second-lowest in the league.

Top penalties his crew called this year:
Offensive Holding: 31
False Start: 24
Offsides: 13
DPI: 12
Unnecessary Roughness: 10
Delay of Game

Chiefs fans are saying If you want to jam the Bengals receivers at the line and play physical downfield, this is the crew you want calling the game

We shall see
As long as they call it even.  So If Chiefs Defense gets to mug and hold Bengals receivers, the Bengals Defense needs to be allowed to mug and hold Chiefs receivers.   A crew that never calls penalties means they may just let them get away with a lot more in Championship Game and let them play.  However I hope these Refs just don't let players get mugged and killed on every play.  Not calling Defensive Holding or Pass Interference would cause a game that The NFL is trying to avoid. These Officials would NOT be doing their jobs letting receivers get mugged on every play.  I JUST HOPE THEY CALL IT EVEN BOTH WAYS.  Bengals don't need to beat both the Chiefs and The Refs. 

I mean, if Chase is going for the ball and gets held or hit too early, I saw enough of that when Refs let Dolphins in 1973 Play-Offs tackle Isaac Curtis when ball snapped on every play, and Curtis being held never could be a factor in the game. That game brought about a rule change so players like Curtis and Chase can't just be tackled when the ball is snapped. I don't want the Refs to allow Chiefs to cheat same way and take Chase out of entire game by Cheating.  The NFL has let Bengals get burned before on that. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Officiating Crew for Chiefs Game - kevin - 01-30-2022, 01:19 AM