Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interesting QB stat this postseason
(01-26-2022, 11:04 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Good stuff, as always, Holic.

I don't get in to the DVOA stuff too much, but the podcasts I listen to break it down every now and again.  I remember them saying how that favored the Bengals over the Titans more than it even did against the Raiders.

My impression going in to this game is as follows:

Where are the Bengals weak?   Offensive line?  Didn't see to have a huge problem against the Chiefs last time, when Burrow went off for 440 yards and 4 TDs.  It was the Titans biggest strength vs. the Bengals biggest weakness.  The interior pass rush of the Chiefs has one really good player.  

I see the Bengals as strong in the secondary.  Very strong when Chido is at his best.  Bates and Bell are playing at an elite level at just the right time.

The LBs?  Wilson graded a fricking 90 against the Titans.  Pratt and Bailey also had huge plays.  

The front four?  Hendrickson is still Hendrickson and will be held every single fricking play.  He will wear them down, though.  Reader is an unmovable force and Hill can generate some pressure from inside.  

How about on offense?  Seriously?  The QB is top flight.  The WRs are as well.  Mixon is making  the most of when he gets opportunities.  The TEs are solid, and reliable.  The line?  They will learn from last week and be better this week.

Special teams?  Pretty damn good, if Money Mac has anything to say about it.

I just look at the team as a whole and think that if one group is off a bit, or the other team schemes to take something away, the Bengals can beat you another way.

Do I think they throttle the Chiefs 45-0?  No.  Do I think they are capable of winning?  Absolutely.  

No matter how you slice and dice it, pretty or ugly, and like you said - one facet could be "off",  they still find a way to get that W.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Interesting QB stat this postseason - Interceptor - 01-26-2022, 11:31 AM