Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Solution To The Sack Problem?
I was watching every sack of Burrow against the Titans, trying to see what wrong, and seeing if it could be fixed.

On the first sack, it was a play action and Burrow got swallowed up before the receivers could get into their routes. It was horrible blocking, but he could have dumped it off to Mixon over the middle and Mixon probably picks up 7 yards. Burrow should have dumped that off, especially since it was first down.

On the second sack, Prince just stood still and let the defender run by him. Miscommunication? He turns to the guard like he was expecting inside help. We can't have that, so hopefully we're clearing that up in meetings and practices.

On the third sack, Jonah got bull-rushed and Mixon missed the block on the blitzing DB. If Mixon blocks the blitzer, I feel pretty good that Burrow would have been able to escape the defender that bull-rushed Jonah (assuming he would have seen him out of the corner of his eye or sensed it when the d-lineman was close enough).

Fourth sack was a screen gone wrong and then Burrow tried to run. Can't really blame the line for that.

Fifth sack, the line was holding up ok but then Adeniji got beat.

Sixth sack, Adenjini got beat and then so did Prince. That was bad.

Sixth sack was another miscommunication where a guy came unblocked. Bad, but fixable.

Seventh sack, line got destroyed. That one was bad.

I also think we need to keep our backs in more to block or they need to do a better job when they do stay in to block (should be a major focus in meetings) and Burrow also needs to just make check down throws to them sometimes.

Basically, I think we need to keep our backs in to block more and Burrow needs to dump it off to them when the rush comes fast (I realize it's not that easy to react so quickly when he gets swallowed up without much time, but he needs to work on it).

I'm not AS concerned anymore because I think we can fix those problems.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Solution To The Sack Problem? - BFritz21 - 01-26-2022, 02:25 AM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - wcu - 01-26-2022, 09:15 AM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - TheFan - 01-26-2022, 09:28 PM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - M.W. - 01-26-2022, 09:27 PM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - Synric - 01-26-2022, 09:36 AM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - Nepa - 01-26-2022, 01:15 PM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - pally - 01-26-2022, 12:02 PM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - Sled21 - 01-26-2022, 02:10 PM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - Nepa - 01-26-2022, 02:27 PM
RE: Solution To The Sack Problem? - sloSTI - 01-26-2022, 03:00 PM