Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.17 Average
Why Trae Waynes will be back with the bengals next year.
(03-15-2022, 09:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Thought I'd bump this instead of creating a new thread or derailing another thread where the topic gained a little steam.

We know Waynes has been hurt the last couple years but it wasn't too long ago dude was one of the top CBs in the NFL.

Folks point to him not getting time last year when he came off IR, but do we know he was 100% healthy

The biggest reason to cut TW is to safe Cap Space. By cutting him we save $10 Mil in cap, but we have to replace him as Jalen Davis would currently be our other starting boundary CB.

A bargain rate starting caliber CB is going to cost $4-5 MIL. So we save Max $6 MIL in space. We could save that by extending him one year and turning it into signing bonus.

IF Zac planned to cut TW seems he would have done it by now unless he wants to not do TW any favors.

I wouldn’t read too much into him still being hereditary. The Bengals don’t usually cut guys until they need the cap, they don’t actually need the cap yet. The other option is they may be reworking his deal to simply lower the number. I still don’t expect him in the team next season at that number.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Trae Waynes will be back with the bengals next year. - Au165 - 03-15-2022, 09:16 PM