Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH
I was rooting hard for My Bengals

I am happy for Whitworth. Bengals really should have kept him in 2017. He went on to more Pro Bowls and now a Super Bowl win over Bengals. I always liked Whitworth and Bengals O Line went in the toilet when he left in 2017. He wouldn't have been that hard to resign, he wanted to stay in Cincinnati. Bengals just didn't want to pay him and they felt he was too old which was a huge mistake. Bengals made same mistake with Max Montoya who they said was too old, and he went on to play in more Pro Bowls for Raiders. Of course Reds once said Frank Robinson was an old 30 and he proved what a mistake that was.

Whitworth played Guard at first for Bengals and moved to Left Tackle later. However he would play Guard when Bengals needed him there more. I always liked his leadership. Once when a fan favorite receiver was complaining to Carson Palmer instead of lining up. Whitworth yelled at him and told him to shut up and line up. The WR did and they got the play off before the snap clock ran out. So Whitworth gave LEADERSHIP as well as BLOCKING.

Whitworth also played for Rams when Zac Taylor was there. If Whitworth retires, and Bengals ever need an Offensive Line Coach, Whitworth has played about every position on The O Line. He may not want to come back to Cincinnati, but he would be worth keeping in mind if they ever go looking for O Line Coaching. I see no reason he couldn't become a Lombardi, Madden type Coach in the NFL someday, and start out as an O Line Coach.

We can add The Man Of The Year, I'm pretty sure I heard he won that. It shows his Leadership Off The Field as well.

So I am Happy for Whitworth getting his Super Bowl ring. He was a Great Bengal. I kind of like that he proved Bengals wrong on being too old, as he went on to Pro Bowls and Super Bowls since Bengals let him go unsigned. I was a Whitworth Fan. His career went from Palmer to Dalton and Super Bowl against Burrow, a great long career.

Again, I rooted as hard as anybody for Bengals to Win. Bengals are my Team since 1968, not the Rams. I am not happy for Rams.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - kevin - 02-17-2022, 09:27 AM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Bengalpool - 02-17-2022, 10:16 AM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Awful Llama - 02-17-2022, 12:04 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - rfaulk34 - 02-17-2022, 03:48 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Bengalpool - 02-17-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Sled21 - 02-17-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - kevin - 02-23-2022, 06:15 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Awful Llama - 02-23-2022, 09:30 PM