Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH
(02-23-2022, 06:15 PM)kevin Wrote: I posted at the time that losing both Zeitler and Whitworth same off season would result in No Blocking.  They should have signed Whitworth, and Coach Lewis wanted the Front Office to keep Whitworth.  This is not hindsight.  

Also, it is BULL to say being happy for Whitworth is being happy for all The Rams.  All the Rams did NOT have long careers with The Bengals. Whitworth did.  So I wish my Bengals would have WON.  The only Ram I am happy for is Ex Bengal Whitworth. Other than that, the Super Bowl is already a Bad Memory.  However I have good memories of Bengals WINNING The AFC.  

I was NOT rooting for Whitworth to Win.  I was rooting for Bengals who I have rooted every game for since 1968.  No way I wanted Whitworth to win. However he is THE ONLY Ram that I'm happy to see get A Ring. 

Whitworth is one of the All-Time Great Bengals and he went on to Pro Bowls and Blocked the Rams to 2 Super Bowls, as Bengals O Line fell apart as soon as he left.  The Ogbuhei & Fisher draft picks experiment failed badly. Those 2 are NOT All Time Bengals Greats, but Whitworth is. 

Someday Whitworth will take his place in The Bengals Hall of Fame, and he Earned It.   On THAT DAY, you will see why I can be happy for only Whitworth, but Sorry my Bengals lost.  

Most people knew going into 2017 that losing both Zeitler and Whitworth would cast the Bengals into Last Place.  It took no crystal ball to see that. Coach Lewis was very upset they didn't keep Whitworth.  Coach Taylor then with The Rams was very glad to get him. The Rams who had stunk, became good. The Bengals who had been good, now stunk. Whitworth at Left Tackle was a Key reason why The Rams became good and the Bengals became bad.  

The Rams will NOT be as good without Whitworth retiring.  The Rams struggled before Whitworth, and the Rams will struggle after Whitworth.  

Also Whitworth will be in Bengals Hall of Fame, He earned it while he blocked for Carson Palmer and Andy Dalton. 

That said, I think Bengals O Line was Better in 2021 or they would NOT have won AFC.  Bengals need to add Blockers, but Jonah Williams and Company is this O Line finally turning things around since the Front Office mistakes of 2017 on The O Line. When Mike Brown said, " Why should I pay a Blocker ", just as he said about Max Montoya not kept, and the 1990's O Line becoming just awful.   

Here are 3 Blockers Mike Brown let go who will all be in Bengals Hall Of Fame.  Max Montoya, Willie Anderson, Andrew Whitworth.....I NEVER rooted for them against my Bengals....but I sure rooted for them as Bengals.  

I also remember how Whit actually mentioned possible retirement when with the Bengals which then put the Bengals into Oline draft thinking and they actually prepared for the future with four draft picks (1,2,4 and 5) round from 2014-16 , the problem was none of those picks worked out which on most any team start to lead to a decline with your line which is what happen.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - kevin - 02-17-2022, 09:27 AM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Bengalpool - 02-17-2022, 10:16 AM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Awful Llama - 02-17-2022, 12:04 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - rfaulk34 - 02-17-2022, 03:48 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Bengalpool - 02-17-2022, 05:41 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Sled21 - 02-17-2022, 05:40 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - kevin - 02-23-2022, 06:15 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Essex Johnson - 02-24-2022, 07:55 PM
RE: I'M HAPPY FOR WHITWORTH - Awful Llama - 02-23-2022, 09:30 PM