Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB
(02-20-2022, 06:15 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The idea is that his position is not as his of a priority as a talented olineman, DT or even CB1.  Look at all the slot guys Brady used and he didnt have Chase and Tee.  We dont need a $10M slot, we just need a speedy or possession receiver who can catch.

Tee is not Chase or Tee great or as valuable. In his biggest game for the team he made huge errors.  But I am more concerned over his position more than I am him as a player (if he were Kupp or Hill valuable that would be different).

This is an opinion-based debate, teams do things differently obviously and we have differing views.  Its all good.  I simply think a very solid oline with Burrow, Chase and Tee we can be very good with a better than average slot, TE and RB to be honest.

The other factor here, that I feel you and many will forget as we proceed into free agency, is that free agents require large signing bonuses which require large cash payments. Historically one reason the Bengals have failed in FA is they are cash poor, which I get sounds funny but is relative, and so they don’t dump a ton into signing bonuses.

We won’t sign a ton of high end free agents even with cap for the cash issues. While the NFL is a cap league every team doesn’t have the same restrictions because cap is not an accounting of cash but rather an agreed upon accounting method. Teams flush with cash do have advantages, and we don’t. If anything they are already probably squirreling away cash for the eventual bonus they’ll have to give Burrow. If people have ever wondered why we don’t restructure, this is why, because requires heavy cash to buy cap space.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB - casear2727 - 02-19-2022, 10:04 PM
RE: Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB - Tony - 02-20-2022, 03:45 PM
RE: Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB - Yogo - 02-20-2022, 12:07 AM
RE: Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB - Tony - 02-19-2022, 11:07 PM
RE: Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB - Au165 - 02-20-2022, 12:54 PM
RE: Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB - Au165 - 02-20-2022, 06:03 PM
RE: Boyd had 2 huge miscues in SB - Au165 - 02-20-2022, 06:29 PM