Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARCH MADNESS : Men's NCAA Basketball Thread
(03-13-2022, 11:04 PM)WildCat Wrote: i agree with the obi toppin comment that team in 2020 was really really good and had a legit chance to make a run at the NC. UK got his brother jacob who is a bench player but he plays with a lot of heart like his brother.

seems to me the selection committee wanted the purdue / UK matchup in the s16 then baylor e8 matchup both big teams inside, which if kentucky struggles to hit their shots like they did against tennessee will be an early exit. however i'm very optimistic that UK will make a final 4 and god willing title number 9! GO BIG BLUE!!

Didn't Kentucky do GREAT in SEC this year.  If so, no surprise if Kentucky wins it all. 

Some interesting teams play at UD to start NCAA.  Indiana comes to Dayton.  So does Notre Dame, which is a big deal to Catholics, which UD is.  Also The Fighting Irish with St Patrick's Day the next day and UD area taverns such as Flannagan's, Clancy's, Timothy's, The Irish Pub and such.  However the interesting one is Dayton Area Wright State University is in UD Arena in NCAA.  Dayton had said they were too good to play Wright State, and dumped the cross town rivalry game.  This is not the first time Wright State has made the NCAA and UD hasn't.  I do think this is the first time Wright State has played at UD Arena since Dayton stopped the cross town rivalry 30 years ago. I thought that was a mistake on UD's part, because the transportation expense savings on this game each year switching Arena Sites sounds like a good deal that UD gave up.  On the years you play at Wright State, you add this as an away game, and you eliminate a real away game early in the season. 

So I'm hoping Wright State WINS what is pretty much a home game in not leaving Dayton area.  I now live North of Wright Patterson Air Base and just North of Fairborn.  My hospital of choice now is Soin Hospital next to Wright State down interstate 675 Dayton Bypass.  I live closer to Wright State than UD these days.  So I will root for THE WRIGHT STATE RAIDERS.  Plus the Dayton NIT Game is on ESPN PLUS, and my cable company doesn't have that.  So i hope WRIGHT STATE wins the Play-In game.  Of course they will have to play one of the top NCAA teams in Round One, and will probably get thumped.  at least if they could say they won an NCAA Game in UD Arena, where UD has said they are not good enough to play UD in. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MARCH MADNESS : Men's NCAA Basketball Thread - kevin - 03-15-2022, 07:49 AM