Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MARCH MADNESS : Men's NCAA Basketball Thread
(03-15-2022, 05:32 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Good for you!  I work at WPAFB so this officially makes us neighbors even though I’m south of town in Kettering.  I got one of my degrees from Wright State and I remember the Gem City Jam games against the University of Dayton very well.  For many years WSU played in NCAA Division II but UD coach Don Donoher promised the Raiders that UD would play them when they moved to Division I — which they did.  The Raiders and Flyers have played eight times with UD winning five times.  I was at the first game WSU won over UD in the Nutter Center in 1990 and it was among the most amazing moments in sports I’ve ever witnessed.

A restart of the Gem City Jam is long overdue
Dayton has long said that they have nothing to gain by playing Wright State.  Wright State has always wanted to play Dayton. Dayton is a Liar.  They schedule teams weaker than Wright State. They play road games against non division teams early not that good.  Dayton needs to have an early season game with Wright State in November or December.  No Travel Expense for either school.   Play one year at UD, next year at Nutter Center.  Dayton has lost their top games such as Notre Dame, DePaul, Marquette, Louisville, Cincinnati, Xavier and rarely play Miami of Ohio.  So Fans lost the games they loved.  So this would give Fans something going into Thanksgiving Christmas Holidays, and before League Play.  The NO TRAVEL is great. No Buses or Planes.  Well, a Bus across Dayton, Big Deal.  Both schools save money on one game of NO TRAVEL, but a FULL HOUSE.  Better than Dayton bringing a real lousy team into UD Arena. Dayton needs to stop being Snobs and Get Smart, this NO TRAVEL GAME is MONEY IN THE BANK. ....It is Stupid NOT to play it. ......Oh Yes, Wright State IS playing at UD Tonight, in the NCAA.  Big Shot Dayton is in NIT in Toledo and on ESPN PLUS that most people won't get or see.  Wright State in NCAA at UD Arena will be on a channel most people get.....So it is time to have Dayton play Wright State every year in a Cross Town Rival Game.  Give THE FANS the game they have been wanting. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: MARCH MADNESS : Men's NCAA Basketball Thread - kevin - 03-16-2022, 12:24 PM