Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Lets add more concern, DT is a real issue
We currently have zero DT's on the roster.  We do have 2 NG's in Reader and Shelvin.  

We have the option of sliding Sample inside and we could slide Hubbard inside with Ossai at end on passing downs.

The DT free agent market is very thin and the the draft is low with high quality 3 tech DTs.

BJ's stock is already on the rise.  He showed he could be a 3 down DT in the playoffs.

Ogunjobi suffered a very serious foot injury and he was very inconsistent, especially vs the run, but did make some splash plays.

Hicks and Campbell are old.

Other prospects are run stuffers only.

We desperately need at least one vet at this spot, I have no doubt they will draft one.  Dline was a great advantage this past season as we rarely had to blitz and became a great run stuffing defense.

I, like many, would love to see FA take care of the majority of our needs and draft BPA but...

Will we be forced to draft a DT early if we dont get a solid guy in FA?

Will be forced to draft a safety early with the Bates situation and Bell in his contract year?

Will we be forced to draft an OT early with options so limited in free agency?

I think CB would have been a nice option but with the availably in free agency it isnt as desperate.

We got lucky this past season with the Hill trade, with Awuzie and Hendrickson's great play.  

Maybe we can pull off the Tunsil trade this year?

Hill and Ogunjobi were very inexpensive this past season, I fear we will not have that luxury this season.

DT is a real concern and may not be cheap to fill, thus impacting Oline.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lets add more concern, DT is a real issue - casear2727 - 03-09-2022, 02:50 PM