Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Baker Mayfield thanks Cleveland, hinting at departure
(03-16-2022, 04:58 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The Browns don't want Baker, and that seems a little odd but at the same time I know if they gave him a long term contract for $30+ per year as any QB gets these days we would laugh our asses off at how stupid they are.

Are the Browns dumb to alienate Baker?  Who knows...I think they'd be dumber to give him a long term contract because they clearly don't think he's the guy.  My point is they can alienate him and replace him with a whole bunch of QBs who were taken around him for next to nothing. 

Wanted to address this separately. 

Good point. The QB market is absolutely insane lately. Although I do think Baker is probably way up on that list, ability wise. He's not that terrible. 
But $30M/year? Yikes. That is a TON of cap space. I think Baltimore is having the same issues with Lamar too, otherwise they would've extended him now. 

It's almost as if teams would be better off if 1st round picks just flamed out and they could outright release them, rather than go through the problem of what to pay on that second contract. Missing on that 2nd contract is worse and can do more damage than missing on a high 1st round pick. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Baker Mayfield thanks Cleveland, hinting at departure - StrictlyBiz - 03-17-2022, 01:01 PM