Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vocabulary? trends that make me an annoyed old man
Does anyone else ever notice oddities when you hear a phrase or adjective that you don't normally hear and then all of a sudden you're hearing it everywhere? When I notice things like that I find myself unreasonably annoyed by it. Not like new slang or something...like when my son started saying "bet" several years ago...once i figured out wtf he meant it didn't seem like it was a big deal.

But now people all of a sudden have to use "masterclass" to describe every f'n thing. It's like some dictionary.com word of the day shit. Another one is "banger." Every song that every person now likes is called a "banger".

Less infuriating, but still annoying....people who have to start off a sentence with "My guy," or every human being that utters the phrase "Let's go!" or "Let's ***** go!" to celebrate.

I used to hear "pardigrm shift" only from annoying project managers pushing "new" methodologies and now everyone loves saying it.

I'm sure there are plenty more...but masterclass is just the stupidest word ever.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Vocabulary? trends that make me an annoyed old man - basballguy - 03-18-2022, 11:19 PM