Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Cap Space " ... Education Needed !!!
Honestly, I have never paid much attention to the goings on off the field. I watch football on Sundays and have for nearly half a century but have never made it a habit to follow the draft or other offseason transactions. I hear a lot of talk on here about Cap space but I don't know much about it.. Hell, I don't know shit from apple butter about it. I'm feeling too lazy today to research it so I thought I'd throw it out on a thread and let some of you folks who are so knowledgable about these football transactions educate me on the "Cap." I figure I will learn much more from you guys than I would reading about it online somewhere. What is it? What are the rules surrounding a team's Cap? How is it affected by different tranactional maneuverings, etc... I really appreciate your help. I heard a lot about how the Bengals had a lot of Cap room prior to the beginning of this free agency period? Do they still have some left? How have their various maneuvers affected their Cap? Does cutting a player free up Cap space? I just don't understand much about it.

I gather it has to do with how much a team is able to spend according to the rules of the league but that's about the extent of what I know. Anything at all you could add I would find very helpful. As the Bengals get better and better, I find myself more interested in knowing something about this.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
"Cap Space " ... Education Needed !!! - Science Friction - 03-21-2022, 06:53 PM