Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
True depth of our coaching staff will be tested
(03-24-2022, 12:46 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Nobody with any opinion on weather Zac and the staff are up for the challenges ahead?

I think they were still learning on the job last year early (and protecting Joe's knee) while they figured out the talent they had and how to best utilize it.  One thing this coaching staff seems incredibly adept at is self-scouting.  

That is one of the most underrated characteristics of people in coaching, and life in general. 

Odd sidebar:  The "Know Thyself" podcast (has a picture of a lion head in the sun, so you know you have the right one) is incredible...

I also believe the staff REALLY hit their stride last year on defense in terms of how to match up against certain opponents.  They were BETTER the second time they faced pitt and baltimore (I know, I know..injuries).

The offense might have struggled down the stretch, but I view that as a causal relationship to the offensive line facing really tough defensive fronts in the postseason.  They knew this, and have spent the offseason making it their #1 priority.  I am so excited to see what the offense can look like next year.

The defense could be top 5 if they can add a penetrating 3T to rotate with Hill and get good production from the likes of Ossai and Khalid Kareem.

I love that they added an additional offensive line coach that will largely (reportedly) be there to develop guys behind the starters.  

Simply put, this coaching staff has earned my trust by showing a rapid and stellar improvement with just a few key pieces added to the roster.  Things like in-game adjustments, play calling, aggression (analytics without being stupid)....all those things are pointing in the right direction.

And like the team itself, and the city, they got a taste of success and I think it will only make them hungry for more. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: True depth of our coaching staff will be tested - SHRacerX - 03-25-2022, 08:40 AM