Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Mixon Influenced The Collins Signing!
Mixon had a career last year behind a horrible offensive line, meaning that he knew he could have a HUGE year this season if we just improved the line, so he pushed hard for Collins!

Quote:Joe Mixon wanted former Cowboys tackle La’el Collins in the Queen City.

He got him.

Who else did Mixon want in Cincinnati?

Well, Mixon was a huge advocate for offensive line coach Frank Pollack, who was with the team prior to his current stint. While it may not seem like it, the year-over-year improvements of the group, given their personnel, was tremendous.

Mixon has crushed his lobbying campaigns.

The running back got his wish with the addition of Collins, and per Geoff Hobson of Bengals.com, the star spoke with the Bengals management about bringing in the star lineman.

“Mixon is now 2-0 as an upstairs lobbyist. Last year he pushed hard for the re-hiring of Pollack and Schaffer said he patched in his client for a couple of seconds on his conference call with Bengals management this weekend so he could say his piece in support of the big man.”
Collins will be the starting right tackle for the next 3 years, and that, along with the additions of Bucs’ Alex Cappa and Patriots’ Ted Karras, could mean a breakout year for Mixon.

Mixon may even top what he did in 2021, which was go over 1,200 rushing for the first time in his career. He also earned his first Pro Bowl appearance. It was a breakout year on a new contract, and he should be able to improve on it even further.

To make things even more encouraging, in the process of getting Collins, the Bengals have so many rookie contracts, they didn’t run into any cap issues.

Despite not filling their last hole, a quality second-string cornerback alongside Chide Awuzie, the Bengals are looking like a team capable of ruling not just the AFC North but the conference as a whole.

Mixon was THIRD in rushing last season behind a horrible offensive line, but granted that he was 30th in YPA.

He was also 4th in TDs, which you have to think that number will SHOOT-UP with more chances as our line opens holes and lets Burrow move the ball downfield easier.

Burrow also having time will prevent the defense from stacking the box since they knew they didn't have to worry about getting into too good of position since Burrow wouldn't have time to direct the defense.

One of my problems with Palmer was I felt like he never wanted to let Rudi do his thing (even if Rudi did have good years with Palmer), but I feel like Burrow knows that everybody can eat and have big years because he knows Mixon can break any run for a big gain! He also knows the run game helps the pass game and vice-versa.

I LOVE that the front office is taking players' opinions into consideration! (Assuming that they did.)

It's going to be a hell of a year!

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Mixon Influenced The Collins Signing! - BFritz21 - 03-24-2022, 06:53 PM