Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by a car
(04-19-2022, 11:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My daughter started college this year.  She was still just 17 for most of her first semester.

I have been lucky that she has never given me any reason to worry about her behavior.  But all young people make bad decisions from time to time.  Not because they are stupid.  My daughter is very intelligent, but she still lacks real world experience.  A lot of what I know now was learned by making mistakes.  We all make them.  I just pray my kids don't make any big ones.

Yup.  You learn not to do a lot of stupid stuff by doing them.  Unfortunately some don't survive to learn that lesson, and all we can do is hope they aren't one of the ones who suffer severe consequences.  I don't want my kids to be in car wrecks, but they have had minor car accidents, and instead of being mad I look at it as a learning opportunity they walked away from.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steelers QB Dwayne Haskins dies after being struck by a car - michaelsean - 04-20-2022, 05:12 PM