Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario?
(04-18-2022, 07:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Literally could have just swapped out Carman with Ogbuehi and it would have been the offseason heading into 2016 all over again it feels like. Lol

I'm not saying Carman will never develop into a starter, but I don't want to bank on a guy who couldn't even beat out Adeniji and Prince to be 2nd string. If the Bengals had no hope of being good, sure, give Carman the opportunity. Too much at stake in 2022 to rely on a 3rd string guy with a history of back problems who had back problems twice last year.

I fully agree with you that RBs can hop in and immediately be good as rookies, but I also just don't want Zac Taylor to have Perine as an option anymore as it's clear he cannot be trusted with him on the roster. 

Not to mention Mixon is likely going to be banged up at some point in the year and Mixon only plays about 2/3rds of the snaps of the games he's in, let alone the ones he misses. He had an ankle thing in 2017, knee thing in 2018, foot thing in 2020, and TWO ankle things in 2021. (He didn't miss any of the first 16 games in 2021, but it did cause him to only play 28% of the snaps in the Green Bay loss.)

Ultimately the Hall or Cine choice was mostly about the scenario you cooked up. No Tyler Linderbaum, no Dax Hill, no Zion Johnson, no Andrew Booth, no Kenyon Green, no trades. So I went with my 7th choice. Lol

I'm perfectly ok with taking a RB on Day 3 to replace Perine or Williams.
Perine was a 4th rounder and Williams was a 6th rounder, after all.
I think Mixon can be RB1, Evans RB2, and then a new RB3.
Depending on what role you are looking for (bruiser short-yardage, pass catching change-of-pace guy, etc), I think there should be someone available to get.

Honestly, I'm surprised Williams hasn't been used more. He's not the biggest RB (only 5'8", 206 lb) but he produced very well in the SEC, which is about the best when it comes to RBs. He can catch passes too, as evidenced by his 66 rec in his 3 seasons in college. He's also much faster than Perine (4.51 vs 4.65).
So I'm personally game for finding a replacement for Perine and keeping Williams. I like Clint Ratkovich from Northern Illinois as a potential Perine replacement. He's about the same size as Perine (6'0", 231 lb) who can pick up short yardage, block, and catch passes. He's more like a FB, really.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: (Hypothetical) Who Would You Take at 31 in This Scenario? - ochocincos - 04-19-2022, 10:18 AM