Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What I would do with C. J. Uzomah
(11-12-2015, 01:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everybody needs to bookmark this thread.  I am about to eat some crow.

I played in Div-ll over 30 yeas ago.  Things were much different back then.  everything was about stopping the run.  Our SS was more like a LB and our OLBs often played so close to the line it looked like we were running a 5-2 front.  The pass defense schemes we used were probably more primitive than what they use in high school today.   I feel like the old guy at the Y who still thinks he can run the floor with the young guys and immediately pulls a hammy.

That being said if I had just stopped to think a minute instead of bragging about what an expert I was I would have made a much more intelligent reply.  I have seen CBs sit in zones and not just match up on the first receiver available.  I've seen DBs pass off a receiver to another defender when leave a zone.  Sometimes my mouth (typing fingers) just run faster than my brain.

But the reason this is so epic is that it happened in a thread where I was comparing myself with Belichik who was a genius DC before he was a genius HC.

So call your friends.  I have admitted I am wrong before.  That is not as rare as some people claim.  But I don't think I have never stuck my foot as far into my mouth as I did in this thread.  I was tempted to go back and delete the post where I was bragging about having "played on a field", but I deserve everything I get in this thread.

Gosh darn it I now have to rep you for this! #Respect
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What I would do with C. J. Uzomah - Au165 - 11-12-2015, 03:12 PM