Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Let's talk about Mitch Trubisky
Everyone acts like Trubisky is a joke, but I am concerned about what he might accomplish playing for the Stealers.

Mitch Trubisky is a big strong athletic QB. He is very accurate from a clean pocket and throws well on the run.  He looked good enough to be the #2 pick in the 2017 draft.  In the NFL he had a very good winning percentage (.580) for a team that has been bad for a long time.  Over the last 9 years the Bears only have one winning season and 2 playoff appearances, and Trubisky was the QB on both those teams ('18, '20).  Those 2 seasons Trubisky was 17-6 as a starter while other starters went 3-6.  In 2018 he posted a 95.4 passer rating with 24 tds in just 14 games.  He also rushed for 421 yds with a 6.2 avg.  He was 11-3 as a starter and selected to the Pro Bowl.

In his two playoff starts he has 502 yds, 2 tds, 0 ints and a 92.5 rating.

I am not claiming that Trubisky is a great NFL QB, but he has the tools to be pretty dangerous if he has a good coordinator and some talent around him.  I think his problems in Chicago had more to do with e revolving door of coaches.  In Trubisky's 4 seasons they had 2 head coaches and 3 different offensive coordinators.

This guy is not some bust who never did anything.  He has been a productive winner for a bad franchise.  If the Steelers put enough talent around him I think he will surprise a lot of people with how good he can be.  

If we have to play Watson, Trubisky and Jackson 6 times every year we better concentrate on stopping running QBs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Let's talk about Mitch Trubisky - fredtoast - 04-19-2022, 12:07 AM