Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Trey Wingo Believes We Have The Best Talent In The NFL!
(05-06-2022, 05:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Injuries are a key. As Zac said the division comes first. It’s between the Raven’s and the Bengals. It’s a tossup. It’s who did better in the off season. Did the Bengals OL revamp make a big difference? The Raven’s OL has some issues. Linderbaum and Moses at tackle doesn’t match what they had IMO buts it’s close. They helped there safety room. We’ll see what they do about wide receiver. The Ravens may be going for a lot of tight end packages. I really think with what we did in our secondary we can counter. I may be a Homer but out rush defense was stout. Employing Hubbard as a spy on Lamar like we did Mahomes and rushing 3 and dropping 8 is tough. Their running game doesn’t scare me or their deep passing. Those games may be lower scoring this year. However I don’t know that anybody is going to be able to double cover Chase with Hurst and a better run game.

This is kind of how I view their (Bengals) chances:  Massive improvements on offensive line, better secondary depth, and more pass rushing tools vs. 2021-2022.  In other words, I think this Bengals team beats last year's handily.  The question is, how much has the rest of the league improved as well.  

Sure, Baltiwhore had a nice draft, but we forget that it is rare to get more than one or maybe two guys in a single draft class that make a big impact.  I mean, we all hope Carman develops, and Ossai flashed very briefly.  Cam Sample, Shelvin, and Smith saw limited action.  Shooter was a huge impact.  And even 6th rounder Chris Evans contributed, but in reality, only two (Chase and Shooter) had a big impact.  

Denver is intriguing because of the addition of a new, more offensive-minded coach, and Wilson.  I still think the Raiders are going to surprise everyone in the division.  They have talent galore on offense, and some really good pass rushers.  Chargers and Chiefs should be in the mix, but that division is likely to beat each other up a bit.  

The Browns?  Who knows about Watson...Could be a LONG suspension.

I guess I look at things on paper and can't believe the Ravens and Browns are favored to win the Super Bowl over Cincy.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trey Wingo Believes We Have The Best Talent In The NFL! - SHRacerX - 05-07-2022, 08:29 AM