Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst........then who?
The OP is correct. After the top 4, our receiving corps is hot garbage. Though Perine is more than solid and Chris Evans may be able to line up out wide some in an expanded role this year.

Other than a prime IOL option failing to fall to us, not getting any receiving help was the most disappointing thing about the draft. Giving up two picks and passing on Dean were the others for me.

We have roughly $17 mil in cap space, and that number should remain above $15 mil even after the picks and Huber are signed. We CANNOT be done in FA yet. I get wanting to have a look-see at guys during OTA's and some during camp to see where we stand, but 3, 4, 5 areas could certainly use an upgrade.

1. LG/IOL.
2. OT depth.
3. Interior pass rush.
4. WR depth.
5. TE depth.
6. Any stud vet who wants to ring chase on a discount should be considered: DE, DT, WR, OL especially (Suh, Clowney, etc).

I'd target Tretter (who is likely getting the Kapernick treatment), Reiff (if healed and willing to be a backup), and receiving help.

We have a lot of draft capital invested on both the OL & DL recently. Beyond Jonah Williams, it needs to come good now. We should not wait for next year's draft to fix it if it still looks shaky.

OL: Carman, Smith, Adeniji, Prince, T. Hill.
DL: Carter, Ossai, C. Sample, Kareem, Hubert. Gunter.

One of the OL guys needs to start, two others will be the main backups (though Karras is likely C#2). We need a #2 3T and a #3 DE to emerge from that group, at a minimum.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst........then who? - Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 - 05-07-2022, 11:40 AM