Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst........then who?
(05-08-2022, 03:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Definitely understand this. The last thing you want in a Punt Returner is tentativeness. Trent Taylor has none of this.

You know he isn't going to muff it which is the #1 thing you want in a Punt Returner. He is smart too and shifty as you say.

We are loaded at Slot WR though as we say in the UDFA thread. We need speed after Chase who really is our only scary dude
in this aspect. Pryor and Lassiter as Pulses says are 4.3 guys so one of them might be the answer. I would keep Taylor though 
just cause of his sure hands on PR's.

We could roll with Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Morgan, Taylor, Pryor/Lassiter. The UDFA guy would take Thomas's spot. Taylor specializes in punt returns, Morgan primarily for special teams. If a guy has 4.3 speed I'd try him out as a gunner as well. If Taylor is on the roster he can still get an occasional look on offense. I know he's suffered a few injuries while with the Niners but in his rookie year he was pretty solid in the slot on a bad all-around team.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chase, Higgins, Boyd, Hurst........then who? - BuildTheWall - 05-08-2022, 03:36 PM