Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where are my auto enthusiasts?
The Tirerack.com ad banner got me thinking....Who on here is a car nut and what do you drive? Is there an older car in your garage that you love?

This is my first post outside of JN and I was just wondering who were my fellow car nuts.

My auto tastes are a bit, well....weird. What a lot of you might call junk (let's be nice, now), I find entertaining.

Here is my car list. And no, I am not big-timing anyone. I have as much money tied up in my cars as anyone...I just get them cheap and fix them up.

1985 Fiero 2M6 with 4-speed manual. I learned to drive a stick on a 1985 Fiero. I have always loved them. This one is the notchback style (which I like more than the fastback...I know, I am in the minority). Only has 33K miles and has the factory option sheepskin and suede seats. Looks like it just came off the showroom floor. I bought it several years ago from a guy in Cbus that was clearing out his collection of cars. This was the cheapest in his collection by far.

1986 Sunbird Turbo convertible. 4-speed manual. I just got this one pretty cheap and it needs some work (tears in seats, padding needs replaced as well. Exhaust is toast. No radio (just ordered a retro radio that has bluetooth...pretty cool, they look like the basic old factory units but has bluetooth and great sound). Some really cheesy stickers on the sides that I can't wait to remove and buff out the paint. I will do the appearance work last. Was looking at some new wheels and tires (hence, the tirerack reference) that would be a plus-1 over the factory 14". No rust. Runs great. A ball to drive. These little buggers had 150 HP and weighed around 2500 lbs. The flip up headlights and orange backlit gauges just scream nostalgia from the 80s to me.

2017 Camaro RS convertible, Auto. My dream car clone...sort of. I found it in a dealer in Dayton with really low miles (20 K) in the winter and they wanted to get rid of it. It is the 330 HP V6 and has the performance exhaust that sounds amazing. It is white and I added blue rallye striped on it and had the back "cove" covered with the same vinyl to mimic my dream car: the 1969 Pontiac Trans Am, that only came in that color. It is like a modern version that doesn't cost six figures. I wish it were a manual, but the 8-speed auto shifts so quickly in performance mode, and it has the paddle shifters.

My daily vehicle for work is a 2019 Ram 1500. Amazing truck.

What are yours? Anyone have a similar love for 80s cars?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Where are my auto enthusiasts? - SHRacerX - 05-11-2022, 08:48 AM