Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Who's return to Cincy.
(05-16-2022, 04:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That happened in my junior year of high school, 1980.  I had friends who went to the show.  They didn't know anything had happened.  They get home really late expecting everyone to be in bed and their parents were waiting up crying.

There were no cell phone back then and they didn't listen to the radio on the way home.

1980? Seems longer ago than that.. I was 21 and having a blast then hitch hiking coast to coast and so on..I was married to a stripper right after that episode.. I even hitched into the teeth of a blizzard in Montana that year and survived it!  That could explain my extreme distaste for the cold.. 
Anyway.. I still remember the news stories on that one and some of the rather cruel jokes that went around.. 
By the way kids..Don't marry a stripper.. your mom and dad will NOT be impressed..Take my word on that..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Who's return to Cincy. - XenoMorph - 05-16-2022, 12:56 PM
RE: The Who's return to Cincy. - grampahol - 06-01-2022, 09:27 PM
RE: The Who's return to Cincy. - fredtoast - 05-16-2022, 04:31 PM
RE: The Who's return to Cincy. - grampahol - 05-17-2022, 12:00 AM
RE: The Who's return to Cincy. - fredtoast - 05-18-2022, 12:07 PM