Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steve Young Thinks The Bengals Can Beat The Patriots
Actually, he said "take down" the Patriots, per CincyJungle, but it's still huge that even Steve Young is seeing how good this team is.

I didn't say that he's "seeing potential" in this team, because now it's beyond potential and even he knows that we just need to go out and do it. That's an awesome feeling to have to know that "experts" are picking us to do what we're built to do, which is win, so it's not like it's a surprise, but rather just expected.

I'm not saying that we're without a doubt winning it all, just rather that it won't be a Cinderella Story-type deal when we do.

Quote:Despite there being three undefeated teams (Bengals, Patriots and Panthers) in the NFL, there seems to be a general consensus from the national media (and by extension generic NFL fans) that the New England Patriots are the best of the best.

Maybe they are -- when you're knocking around borderline greatness like the Washington Redskins, the Miami Dolphins, the Indianapolis Colts or the superstar-deficient Dallas Cowboys, who has time to analyze such things? Then again, they are destroying teams they should destroy. New England sports the largest net point difference in the league with +133 (276 points scored minus 143 points allowed). Only one other team has a point differential over 100 (the Arizona Cardinals) and the Bengals are only at 87.

True, but you can only beat who you play, and the Pats always seem to rise to the occasion.

Steve wants to see what we can do:

Quote:Fine.

New England is good.

Yet, they're not infallible. They can be beaten.

At least former San Francisco 49ers quarterback and current ESPN expert Steve Young believes.

"There's only one thing in my mind to look forward to, that's the Cincinnati Bengals, can they take down the Patriots come the end of the season?" Young said during ESPN's postgame show following Chicago's 22-19 over the San Diego Chargers. "I want to see this football team. I want to see all aspects — live and in person — because to me, the Bengals are the ones that can take down the Patriots. Of anyone else in the league, the Bengals are the ones."

Does this dude not own a TV?

Still, it's nice to see that we have a complete team that even a guy like Steve Young is saying can play with the best and actually BE the best.

Quote:Young will have the opportunity this Monday night, as Cincinnati hosts the Houston Texans.

Time to announce to the world, for anyone that didn't already hear it or still doubts us, that the Bengals are going to be the team to beat in the NFL in the playoffs.

I'm PUMPED UP!

WHO-DEY!!!!!!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Steve Young Thinks The Bengals Can Beat The Patriots - BFritz21 - 11-11-2015, 11:42 PM