Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which 2021 draftee is most poised for a 2nd year breakout?
(05-20-2022, 07:30 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Other than Mike Santagata and James Rapien spit-balling, I'm not sure where the Smith at LG talk is coming from?  Pollack and Callahan both stated that Smith will be focused on Tackle.  

If Smith is our LG then we failed with Carmen, who knows how long of a project Volson would be, and we are left with only Prince as a backup tackle.

We are a much stronger team if Carmen can secure that LG spot convincingly. 

I wouldn't be too horribly upset and spend my nights sobbing into my pillow if Volson came right in and nailed down the LG position as an everyday starter. i have nothing against any of them and don't wish anything bad on any of them, but Volson just seems to have some of the X stuck to him.. 
Heck, even if Adeniji cleaned up his act and blew everyone away this season I wouldn't spend all day crying.. I'm not betting on Adeniji, but if he clicks then good for him. End of last season he was kind of between a rock and a hard place with whatsisface-I at center and whatsisface-II at RT.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which 2021 draftee is most poised for a 2nd year breakout? - grampahol - 05-20-2022, 08:13 PM