Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bates Being Traded To The Eagles?
Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum because technically Bates isn't on our team and I know there's the franchise tag thread, but he hasn't signed the tag and this would benefit our team, so I figured it should go here.

BleedingGreenNation has an article about the Eagles trading for Bates, with the thoughts of trading us a first-or-second-round pick next year, as well as a versatile starting guard in Isaac Seumalo.

Even though the Eagles have two first-round picks in 2023, it would likely be a second-round pick, which I would still do in a heartbeat because Bates half-assed the regular season last year, so who knows how well he'd play this year, and Seumalo has experience everywhere besides for left guard, and he was a hell of a center his freshman and sophomore years, which is our biggest weakness on the offensive line.

Here's most of what the article says:
Quote:Would a second-round pick and, saaayyyy, a versatile starting guard in Isaac Seumalo appease Cincinnati? I think that’s a deal the Eagles would do. They likely would not part with either of their 2023 first-round picks, which are clearly earmarked for quarterback insurance in case Jalen Hurts doesn’t make substantial improvements in 2022. As for the money, Marcus Williams is a player whose game is similar to Bates’, so his five-year, $70 million deal with the Ravens feels like the floor. Because Bates is already pretty much guaranteed just under $13 million on the franchise tag, the Eagles would have to beat that. A new deal worth an average annual value of around $15 million would feel about right. And again, I would expect any new deal to have a low 2022 cap number. So in summary, to answer the question in the headline, yeah, the Eagles should have interest in trading for Jessie Bates.

Make the call to get the ball rolling!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Bates Being Traded To The Eagles? - BFritz21 - 05-22-2022, 06:58 PM