Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School
A lot of people won't like it, and I get why, but public schools need more intensive security personnel. I don't mean teachers with guns. I mean legit, trained, armed officers that are there to address exactly these kinds of situations. This is done in Israel, though the size and expense of such and undertaking is obviously less financially demanding than one would be in the US.

I'm not numb to it, but I feel like this is our reality on the US. Kids are going to die for no reason at school. All ages of kids. Nobody is changing gun laws. People aren't changing for the better in terms of mental health. Some people cope with mental illness and adversity by buying ARs and shooting second graders. There are more people like this out there.

I'd put military reservists and cops on duty at every school in the nation. Have people profiling high-risk behavior in students. Take things that seem out of place seriously. It should be something that taxpayers would be willing to fund. Keep gun rights, but schools become fortresses with dodgeball.

There's no more strange feeling to me than the one I get when I pull up to my son's elementary school and I can't get in the door to pick him up. I feel like he's in jail and I can't get him out because someone else says so. I totally get why people would have a problem with this. I don't like it. I do feel that it's needed, though.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mass Shooting at San Antonio Elementary School - samhain - 05-25-2022, 10:02 PM