Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Blow Reds Up At Trade Deadline in July ???
....and IF SO, HOW ???

I would Blow this team up and for many reasons. Top on the List is they were not able to Blow It Up right during Contract Negotiation Lockout / Strike of November to March. Second on the List is this team is heading towards 100 losses or more in 2022. Just as Bengals needed Blown Up and a Start Over, so do The Reds. Third on the List in Reds Owners said they had to cut payroll due to the financial loss of no fans or money made in 2020 Covid.

YES, I would BLOW THE REDS UP over June and July.

HOW would I do it. i would KEEP the young players who have just came up to the Reds in the last few years. They are the Future.

I would try to Dump higher paid Vets who are NOT the future. The highest paid is Votto and I would dump him any way I could. If a team is willing to pick up Half his salary that runs into 2025, I would consider that a savings to The Reds. Yes, I would pay half his salary to play for another team, and the upside is I could save the other half of his salary. I would also dump The Moose and his salary. So Votto and The Moose would be gone by end of July. I would not be in any hurry to trade Pitching. Until other young pitchers fill out the staff the Reds kind of need Castillo and Mahle.

So I would keep the Reds young players, and some of the Vets who are on The Cheap. I would keep Pitching because the Reds can barely put a pitching staff together as it is. The Contracts of Votto and The Moose would be gone by end of July. If a team is willing to pay Votto half his contract, I would consider that a WIN and he would be gone on the first plane out of Cincinnati.

To those who Love Votto, I will coin the old line used by a Baseball Owner 100 some years ago. " If I can finish in Last Place with you, I can finish in Last Place without you ".

So what type of team would I be trying to build with the Reds. Well, the Bengals kind of copied The Rams. The Reds should copy the Tampa Rays, a team that has beat the big money bags Yankees with half the payroll. The Rays NEVER make Votto type contracts. The Rays are about young players and old Vets on The Cheap and they are about PITCHING and DEFENSE. The Rays are very much into Long Relievers, and they even start them for a few innings sometimes and bring in their starter in the 3rd or 4th inning. It has worked, and the Rays have came up with New ways to play this game and the Reds need to copy their success.

It is time to finish Blowing Up The Reds and Tops on the List is highest paid Red ever Votto. They need to goose The Moose to another team also. Those 2 right there would free up a ton of Payroll and THAT is what Reds Owners are trying to do anyway and regroup and start over after the 2020 Covid year financial ruin. The Reds did add Minor League players as teams in 2020 Covid were dumping their farm systems. So teams like Reds, Tampa, Baltimore, Detroit and a few others have players coming up to make them good in THE FUTURE. What the Reds need NOW is to dump more payroll, because they are losing too much money on a team headed for 100 losses in 2022. Dumping VOTTO would be great, and dumping THE MOOSE also even better. These 2 are NOT the Future any more than AJ Green or Andy Dalton were no longer The Bengals Future.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Would You Blow Reds Up At Trade Deadline in July ??? - kevin - 05-25-2022, 02:37 PM