Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would You Blow Reds Up At Trade Deadline in July ???
Their entire game plan appears to be around building for 2024 and the first year out of Votto's contract. Once he's gone, they can sign two to three solid players to compliment India, Stephenson, Barerro, Senzel and Lopez(this kid can hit, get him some ABs).

I think they should look at keeping Almora. He's a less fast Billy Hamilton but can hit. To be honest, outside of Eric Davis, I think he's the most complete CF they've had since Cesar Geronimo.

Reynolds is great, but he looks to be in the way of Lopez' development. Where's he going when India comes back? The bench and that will most likely push down Lopez.

Drury. I could see him sticking around but is he in their long term vision or is there someone coming up in the minors? . . . we still don't know what's coming in the supposed Castillo trade. Short and 2nd have two young players set to take the reins for a long time. This is the spot they need to fill in the infield as I honestly feel that Stephenson will the the Reds 1B from 2024 onward.

I really like Moran. Not sure how much he fits into their plans but he was the key figure in the Pirates dealing McCutchin to the Giants. He can hit, and I honestly feel that he'd still be a Pirate if he didn't have so many injuries. He had two last year. He missed some time on the DL, his 2nd at bat in his comeback game, he got hit by a pitch and went right back on the DL. The Pirate announcers were sick to their stomachs they felt so bad for him because everybody in the locker room loves him.

If Strickland continues to pitch well, I could see teams looking to add a veteran reliever offer something small and the Reds jumping at it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Would You Blow Reds Up At Trade Deadline in July ??? - Forever Spinning Vinyl - 06-08-2022, 04:00 PM