Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who was it on here that made the thread last year about Sam Hubbard being the best DE
(06-05-2022, 10:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I was just going to post this same thing. His college tape speaks for itself. Even Mixon called him a monster player. Him coming in on 3rd down to rush with fresh legs is going to be a nightmare for opposing QB's. 

Yes sir Sled, just as long as he can stay healthy which is the only question after last year.

(06-05-2022, 12:17 PM)Housh Wrote: It was a play that makes a career.

He wasn’t supposed to rush. He followed his instinct and i truly believe if he doesn’t rush Mahommes there, Mahommes would’ve found someone and beat us.

He saw that the secondary had everyone covered and he trusted them to do it for 3 more seconds. That play is honestly a microcosm of the 2021-2022 Cincinnati Bengals. They really did everything for each other with no ego. I know we won’t have such a selfless roster for long so it’s fun to enjoy it. No other team would have a WR3 as good as Boyd and that guy not throw a fit every week on the field

No doubt. Great discipline on that play that game and honestly most all the season from Sam last year.

Namely when playing running QB's like Lamar and I know Mahomes isn't quite Lamar but he can still run and hurt you.

Sam doesn't let that happen.

(06-05-2022, 02:04 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't mean to bash Ossai, but I am pretty sure that every NFL scout watched his college game tape and he still lasted to the third round.  #69 is pretty damn close to the second round, but if he was as dominating as you all claim I think he would have gone higher. 

I was so surprised Ossai made it even past the mid 2nd, let alone all the way to us in the early 3rd.

And you can say that about tons of players that became the greatest at their positions ever.

You and I say it all the time, the Draft is a crapshoot. 

I have a feeling all those teams that passed on Ossai will regret it for years.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Who was it on here that made the thread last year about Sam Hubbard being the best DE - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-05-2022, 04:12 PM