Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cancer Study Leaves EVERY PATIENT CANCER-FREE!
(06-08-2022, 01:07 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't know why hadn't heard about this before, but results from a small cancer trial that left EVERY PATIENT in remission is being praised as “unprecedented” and “remarkable.”

It's pretty amazing because it sounds like the initial thought was that this treatment would unmask cancer cells but they'd still need to receive chemotherapy or surgery to remove the cancer, and this study says that the immune system just took care of the cancer by itself!

It was only done on patients with rectal cancer, which is one of the most common forms of cancer, but I assume the same process would work on other cancers.

Like they said, they need to wait to see if any long-term effects are present and I'd like to see how it works on other forms of cancer, but it's a pretty amazing breakthrough!

This is remarkable. I have lost several immediate family members to cancer. Yet, one thing confuses me and the article didn't elaborate on it, but if the treatment helps the immune system kill the cancer, then why kill the immune system afterwards with radiation and chemo? I'm not an expert on cancer or even considered beneficially ignorant on the matter, but it seems like a legit question. Seems like removing the cancer through surgery is a safer option.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cancer Study Leaves EVERY PATIENT CANCER-FREE! - HarleyDog - 06-08-2022, 02:08 PM