Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Oline ranked #8 by PFF
(06-14-2022, 11:32 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Here were last year's PFF rankings of the expected starting OL for the Bengals:
LT - Jonah Williams - 74.5 (32nd rated OT)
LG - Jackson Carman - 54.2 (67th rated OG)
C - Ted Karras - 72.4 (was 16th rated OG, would have been rated 12th highest C)
RG - Alex Cappa - 71.3 (18th rated OG)
RT - La'el Collins - 80.2 (15th rated OT)

I think it was Joe Goodberry who had posted back in the winter that Carman performed far better at LG vs RG, so his RG numbers brought his overall score down. But his LG performance was I believe in the 60s or 70s at 100+ snaps.

So what to potentially take away?
If Williams and Collins play up to their norm, Bengals would have above average starters at both OT positions.
Karras and Cappa should be above average starters as well if they play up to their norm.
Carman is the wildcard of the group. If his performance last year at LG is any indication, he should be at least solid there. However, his snaps at RG last year leave room for concern.

If Carman finds his groove at LG and the other starters play as expected, this could be a Top 10 if not Top 5 OL.

Nice Ocho. Cool

This is what we all are hoping as others said. We will see how well Pollack coaches up the pass blocking which is my only 
concern with him as a OL coach. He is good at coaching up run blocking and we brought in run blocking OL. Carman is also 
a run blocking OL and Jonah isn't a slouch here either. We could be a top 5 run blocking OL and it wouldn't surprise me.

Not quite as good as a pass blocking OL but better than last year, top half of the league anyways which is all Burrow and our
Offense as a whole really need.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Oline ranked #8 by PFF - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-14-2022, 02:54 PM