Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals Oline ranked #8 by PFF
(06-14-2022, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Hell yeah!

I was predicting (hoping) for at least an average offensive line and thought we could easily make a run back to the Super Bowl if we could just give Burrow a little time and open some holes for Mixon, so this has me PUMPED and wanting to Über to Indiana to make my bets on us making the Super Bowl, winning the Super Bowl, and Burrow winning MVP!

What a lot of people don't understand about offensive lines is that you don't need Pro Bowl or even top offensive linemen to be an average or good unit, but rather just a group of guys that can all work together to get the job done. The offensive line is the only group in football that's like that because it's the positional group that plays together the most and one or two great linemen is good but doesn't perform better than four or five good or even average lineman.

What makes the above statement even more true is if you have above average, good, or great skill players, which we do, because the defense has to worry about covering them and can't just blitz or run stunts that leave holes open for the back.

(I do realize a lot went right for us to make it to the Super Bowl last season, but A LOT LESS has to go right for us to make it back this year.)

Sure hoping so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals Oline ranked #8 by PFF - bengalfan74 - 06-14-2022, 03:38 PM