Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?!
(06-24-2022, 07:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When you say "effectively", I think "less predictably".  I always hated how he NEVER played a third down (seemingly) when Gio was still here.  You could see the frustration when Mixon would come off the field.  He was in the flow of the game and beginning to roll and, here comes, off the field.

I wanted to see more Mixon on third down and more Gio on first and second downs with some inside runs.  Teams can type-cast what you are going to do with certain personnel when you never deviate from the "script".  

FWIW, I think it has gotten better, but I would still like to see RBs alternate DRIVES, not snaps or certain play selections. 

So true, all we want to see is it change up sometimes. Doing the same thing all the time is predictable to say the least.

You need to keep the Defense on its heels with different schemes and changes in personnel so the Defense is caught in bad 
situations. As you say, flip the script instead of always just sticking to it.

(06-24-2022, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  If Mixon really is 6'1" then I believe he weighs a good bit more than 220.

I remember when Dalton was here and watching Mixon walking next to Dalton and they looked pretty much the same height
and Dalton is 6'3" according to the roster sizes listed. I think Mixon is 6'2" 228 lbs.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mixon To Be More Involved In The Passing Game?! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 06-24-2022, 01:54 PM