Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Odds for next year's Superbowl.
(06-23-2022, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Here are some rankings after the bye week...

1. Passing Efficiency (EPA per attempt) - 6th
  2. Rushing Efficiency (EPA per attempt) - 17th
  3. Passing Efficiency Allowed (EPA per attempt) - 16th
  4. Rushing Efficiency Allowed (EPA per attempt) - 13th
The defensive story was more or less the same, fairly mediocre defense overall but the offense made a large jump. Here are the same rankings but prior to the bye week. 

1. Passing Efficiency Allowed (EPA per attempt) - 20th
  2. Rushing Efficiency Allowed (EPA per attempt) - 10th
  3. Passing Efficiency (EPA per attempt) - 13th
  4. Rushing Efficiency (EPA per attempt) - 25th
I would not say that the defense held up well against the Chiefs in the regular season. Mahomes dropped a 113 rating on their head with 31 points. They did do a good job in the AFCCG and SB, however. The biggest change after the bye was the offense, there is no doubt about that. 

(06-23-2022, 11:22 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think we talked about this before, but I feel like we said the turnovers were the main thing that propelled this team after the bye and especially in the playoffs. Less turnovers by the offense (Burrow) and more turnovers produced by the defense. 

KillerGoose quick response. And I think Weezy nailed it as well. Statistically the defense may not show it statistically but the timely turnovers really helped. My point is a lot of people ( and I think Vegas) are looking at stats for the whole year. The Bengals weren’t lucky as much as they emerged. I think they emerge more as a team that beats teams more easily and are tough to beat any day. No more have to play perfect on the Bengals part. They are going to be able to win if Joe has an off day. Maybe not the big games.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Odds for next year's Superbowl. - Soonerpeace - 06-23-2022, 11:36 AM