Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inspirational Quote Or Corny?
I'll tell ya something Brad.. I've reached the point in my life that I don't care what anyone thinks of me, whether I inspire them or depress them, whether they like me or hate me. I have almost zero control over these things other than whatever I say or write and how you take it is entirely up to you. Short of their announced plans to kill me I don't really care.
I know my immediate family, my wife and kids are important, but other than that the rest of the world is just kind of there. There are some people I like more than others obviously and some I despise beyond description. I post a lot of stuff online, especially stuff in the news and things that especially interest me, but how others take it? I have no control over it. I speak my mind and let the chips fall where they may. I try to be as honest as I can or just joke around and hope I don't offend the entire audience, but I sometimes do.
If you really want to inspire people find a way to change the trajectory of the world for the better in ways the overwhelming majority of the world agrees with, not just a very narrow subset of people who will agree with you anyway. Otherwise you're preaching to the choir. My opinion of today's internet and "inspirational stuff"? Most people would cheer and get all teary eyed if you announced that you successfully wiped you ass before breakfast...not exactly inspiring to me.
I hope it helps. Whether it does or not..I couldn't say.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Inspirational Quote Or Corny? - BFritz21 - 07-12-2022, 03:43 PM
RE: Inspirational Quote Or Corny? - SladeX - 07-12-2022, 09:09 PM
RE: Inspirational Quote Or Corny? - grampahol - 07-18-2022, 10:41 AM