Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Agents that still make sense, for the Bengals
I’d love to see another WR brought in who we know can play like Hilton, Fuller, Julio, Sanders, etc. there are a lot of WR’s out there who can still contribute if they will come cheaper and be ok with a WR4 role. I think a lot of these guys got pushed to the side when WR contracts went crazy this offseason and there was a lot of WR depth in the draft. Now they will need to come cheap or get left out in the cold. This would be my #1 target in FA at this stage. We have no depth outside of our starting 3, there’s a ton of guys left available, and the longer the offseason goes the more realistic their demands should be.

O line would be my #2 target. I’d prefer to bring Spain back as a backup for less than $2 mil. Tretter would be nice too and really give us options with Karras if needed since he can play C/G if we have an injury or Carman plays poorly. Or a tackle like Reiff, Williams, Brown, etc. if they are ok as backups. All would be terrific insurance policies. I think we should absolutely hit #1 and #2 on my list. I’d be very happy at that point.

Edge would be #3 for me. Would have to be someone with legit pass rush. Flowers or JPP (didn’t watch much of him last year to know what is up but he’s been good prior to that). If not, roll with what we’ve got even though I wanted it addressed in the offseason. Not a whole lot out there that can help us at this point. Target a pass rusher in the draft next year.

I don’t think we bring in another DT after using a 3rd on Carter and already having Hill, Reader, Tupou and Shelvin. That’s 5 guys they like and they can rotate DE’s down on passing plays if needed, especially if Ossai plays well and can take a lot of snaps on the edge rushing the passer. That said, Suh and Richardson are both intriguing. Maybe in season add if injuries occur.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Free Agents that still make sense, for the Bengals - leonardfan40 - 07-21-2022, 10:16 AM