Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow doing sprints in the golf cart..
(08-05-2022, 01:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this as I know nothing about appendicitis. Sounds rough. 

But also sounds like something you can get over in a couple of weeks which is great news for us.

Yeah, I'm not worried at all. Whenever I hear about athletes with post-surgery infections, I assume fake news lol. That they wouldn't be playing anyway and an "infection" is the official excuse. Or it could be driven by liability concerns for teams that are absurdly risk-averse. But I don't remember any doctor even mentioning the possibility of an infection to me. They certainly didn't call a week later to verify that everything was kosher lol. Not that it couldn't happen- I'm sure it could- but it's just so rare. Almost inconceivable to me having gone through it. They sew you up, put on a sterile bandage, you remove the bandage when you're washing and replace it with a new one. Lather rinse repeat and keep it clean for a few weeks until the wound is merely a scar and you're back. Of course, I'm assuming they caught it before it completely ruptured- which is a safe assumption given that he's at practice.

I think Joe riding in the cart is for the cameras, maybe for his own amusement. Behind closed doors I bet he's moving around like normal... though he may not be stretching lol
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Burrow doing sprints in the golf cart.. - tms - 08-06-2022, 12:05 PM