Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers!
(08-08-2022, 12:10 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Consider how bad our offensive line was and how Burrow was always getting hit or getting pressured and we still were the only team in the NFL to have three receivers record AT LEAST 800 YARDS!

Chase had 1,455, Higgins had 1,091, and Boyd had 828, which I think they could all go for over a thousand yards this season!

Throw in the fact that Mixon was third in the league in rushing behind that horrible line, add in Hurst, and our offense looks pretty damn dangerous for this season!

NFL Network flashed that on their screen, while also talking about our improvements on the line, and it has me getting pretty optimistic about this year!

Nice thread Brad. Yes, this is why if we stay healthy I could see records broken.

Doing that while having a poor OL in front of both Joe's boggles my mind.

I don't know how good this Offense is going to be with good OL play. Could be historical.

(08-08-2022, 08:23 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was interesting when we were debating this subject last year at this time.  I had Boyd getting the most receptions but the least yardage.  If teams try to take away the big plays, this year that could be true.  He and Hurst could kill you in 10 yard, high %, receptions but the better line play could also allow for more deep shots/routes.  

Boyd's season was odd.  He had some solid games, but there were some where he was barely involved at all.  One reception against Detroit and the first Cleveland game, and just two in the blowout win over pitt.  I think a big key to this season is for Burrow to continue to just attack the weak spot on the opposing team and not try to force the ball to Chase.  Sure, on big down and distances Chase will be the #1 receiver, and they are going to move him around and possibly even use him out of the backfield, but Boyd, Hurst, Mixon/Evans, and maybe even Sample will be relied upon a great deal to move the chains.  

Honestly I hope this is Boyd's best season so he can go on and get paid big by somebody else. Then maybe Tee doesn't 
have quite as good of a season as everyone predicts and is more affordable for us to extend eh? What is wild about Chase
is that Burrow can hit him short and he can still spin off tackles and take it to the house. He is crazy special.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - BFritz21 - 08-08-2022, 12:10 AM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 08-08-2022, 05:01 PM
RE: CRAZY Stat About Our Receivers! - tms - 08-10-2022, 12:36 PM