Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Burrow May Not Be Cleared For Preseason
Footballguys says Burrow might not be cleared for the preseason games.

Quote:Burrow had his appendix removed on July 26. Initial reports did not seem alarming, but observant local writers reported Burrow still had an intravenous (IV) line in his arm at a camp practice on August 1 – six days after his surgery.

It’s unusual to need IV antibiotics outside the hospital after appendix surgery. While there are multiple instances of NFL players returning to action within 14 days after having their appendix removed, Burrow's case is more complicated.

The two most likely surgical possibilities here include:

1 - Burrow had a ruptured appendix, and surgeons also needed to remove part of the intestine on either side of the appendix due to the severity of the rupture. This requires a larger incision and a period of IV antibiotics at home.

2 - Burrow had a simple appendectomy and developed an infection after surgery. That would require a drain placed through the skin to the site of infection and a period of IV antibiotics at home.

I think the first scenario is most likely. Burrow’s father described a “major surgery” and hinted it could be “weeks” before his son was ready to return. Head coach Zac Taylor said Burrow was day-to-day but refused to put a timetable on his return.

Let's hope it's nothing serious, which it's probably not, but I always fear the worst with our team.

Normally, I'd say who cares and Burrow doesn't need preseason, but I would have liked for him to get some live game action with his new line.

Let's hope Burrow makes a quick and full recovery!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Burrow May Not Be Cleared For Preseason - BFritz21 - 08-11-2022, 01:48 AM