Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05.
(11-15-2015, 06:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I know people are going bananas over Lap comparing Ogbuehi to Munoz, which I almost get from an athleticism stand point, but Ogbuehi played so much better at RT than LT in college. So much better. Night and day type differences. 
But he has no where NEAR the play style of Munoz. Munoz was a killer with great hands. He looked to finish and hurt guys. Ogbuehi is so much more passive in everything. 
There's no reason to think he could usurp Whit even if Whit deteriorates a bit.

Football was much rougher, back in Munoz' day.  Back then, you likely never would have ever heard of a flag for unnecessary roughness on an Offensive Lineman.  Heck, back then there were no rules protecting the QB from high and low hits, or even getting hit after throwing the ball, let alone "defenseless receiver" calls..

I can remember watching, as a young boy, one of the Steelers (maybe Jack Lambert?) helicoptering Ken Anderson around by his face mask.  I can tell you, Kenny A. was certainly glad to see Munoz drafted. 

Btw, I agree that Cedric Ogbuehi is much more finess and athleticism than physicality.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05. - SunsetBengal - 11-15-2015, 07:23 PM