Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05.
(11-15-2015, 08:14 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: No chance of the draft offering solutions before then? We have to just accept the issues from here out basically?
This draft *should* have some quality centers (I like the kid from Mizzou a lot) given our incredibly lack of IOL depth, wouldn't it make sense to start looking at least? 

As for Ogbuehi, I'll need to see it before I can change my mind. He struggled so much at TAMU at LT and was a completely different player when they moved him back to RT in favor of a guard at LT. 

Fair point - but I doubt it'll be a high pick. The Bengals are fairly predictable with their draft strategy in the upper rounds - and Bodine was a fourth rounder himself. To me you're looking at a guy picked at about a similar spot. They could be look for a WR or (gasp!) a corner late in the first round. And even then, you're talking about replacing a a non-injured two-year starter who has chemistry with the QB and his teammates with a rookie. Now, if Hue's gone and the offense completely changes, maybe? 
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05. - jowczarski - 11-15-2015, 11:48 PM