Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05.
(11-16-2015, 03:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Bengals have not invested much in a Center in a long time.  Braham was a free agent that had been curt by another team.  Ghiacuic was a 4th rounder.  Cooke was an undrafted free agent.  Luigs was a 4th rounder.  And now Bodine is a fourth rounder.  So even if the are looking for a replacement in this years draft I would not expect anything before the third or fourth round.

However it was not that long ago that the Bengals had never used a first round pick on an OG.  So I guess anyhting is possible. 

And it is even possible that the Bengal coaches value Bodine's production more they you do.

and my retort would be...what production? 
being healthy and playing in and of itself is not "production"
There has to be a beneficial quality to the play. He hasn't brought it. 

Yes that seems to be where they value the center position....and it's been awful since Braham, outside of 2 years of quality play from Cook. If they keep using the same method, they shouldn't expect a better result outside of random chance. Or, they could actually improve the position and at least attempt to get a top talent at the spot. Even if that doesnt work, it's better than not trying and staying with terrible results. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Paying the O-line. What we did back in '05. - RoyleRedlegs - 11-16-2015, 04:50 PM